Monday, December 6, 2010

God's Perfect Gift to Me!

This past weekend Nick and I were able to attend the Familylife Weekend to Remember-a well know marriage conference. Besides the fact that we stayed in the nicest hotel we have ever been in, were unplugged, and indulged once again in amazing food,  the best part of the weekend was that it was with my best friend, my dearest husband!
I don't mean to be proud or come across as a know it all, but most of the things that were taught, we already do in our marriage. This goes to show that we have amazing people who are speaking into our lives, our family, and many resources that we are always reading in order to better be a godly couple. I love that God has placed amazing friends who pursue the Lord in their marriage and on their own. They love us, encourage us, give us great resources, and great biblical truth in order to better our marriage so that I ultimately respect my husband the way God wants me to, and Nick to love me the way God calls him to.
We have been together for over 8 years and it's so cool to see where we were, obsessed with each other, and now following the Lord in everything! We are not perfect by far, but we are very blessed. So here's to you friends who read this, I love and appreciate all that you share with us and encourage us in!
Now for Nick, we spend a lot of time together simply because we don't have kids yet. But, this weekend was an incredible gift. We often come home and watch our favorite show, cook together, or workout together, yet we are not totally here. Whether we are looking at news, facebook, or surfing the internet, we don't give much intentional attention to each other. Technology is great, but when you say no to it and give your husband your eyes, your ears your heart, you show so much respect to him! I learned that I am a little addicted to technology and it was so freeing to relish in the fact that my husband is phenomenal. No email, no job site checks every 10 minutes, no facebook!

I challenge everyone to take a full sabbath even a week of unplugging while at home, devote your whole self to God first and then to your spouse!

Nick you are God's perfect gift for me, thank you for the support, the anger, the hugs, the love, the listening ear. I am my beloved's and he is mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment