Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A tribute to my fellow youthworkers!

I recently went to the National Youth Workers Convention in Nashville and the Lord showed me many things there. I realized that I have so much to be thankful for, I have been able to work at an incredible church who gets it. They get that we in ministry shouldn't be overworked, that being no more than 40 hours a week if necessary. They get that family comes first, after your relationship with God, comes your family, then ministry. They get that programs are not the way to an intimate relationship with God, but that prayer and seeking the Lord's wisdom in scripture, through His Holy Spirit, and through others speaking on behalf of God, through families, through service, we encounter the Most High King!
Most youthworkers are part time, but work full time hours, most youthworkers have a ministry of 50 kids or less, and most youthworkers are on the edge of burnout. The Lord is so faithful, so constant, so loving, so near. Even when we feel like there is not fruit, even when we feel like we are at our end, God is constant, He sees it all, He is for us.
My prayer for all the youthworkers, serving God and loving teens is this, "Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart."
I truly believe the Lord has given me a heart for youth, a heart for those who are searching for God, who are hurting for something more, who are ready to make a difference in this world. It is a daily choice to delight yourself in the Lord, a daily surrender to God even when all your fears say otherwise. God is a faithful God. Thank you for this season, thank you for your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment