Friday, April 29, 2011

Best Husband Ever

So if there is one thing I love to do is brag about my incredible husband Nick. I had no idea how blessed I would be to be marrying my high school sweetheart. He is a gifted baker, fisherman, boyscout, gym rat, cook, gunsman, cyclist, cuddler, giver, comedian, and those are just to name a few. Pretty soon he will be a phenomenal, godly, selfless father to a blessed son name Luke.
I always heard from pessimistic people that it all goes down hill after you get married, that you really don't stay in love and the honeymoon fades away, yet, I have experienced the opposite. I truly believe that God has used this time of me being unemployed as a time to trust, love, admire, respect and lean on my husband in ways I didn't have to or thought I needed to when I was working. He is such a hard worker, I mean they had to tell him he was working too much, he gets to work before anyone and leaves in time to eat dinner (which he always eats, all my healthy stuff, he never complains!) He is a godly man who's longing is to provide for his family even if it means staying at a job that is so difficult to go to everyday.
He is a fighter for what is right and just for this family. I am doing a homebirth with a midwife that was not covered in network with our insurance. My sweet husband, who is totally for a homebirth, fought his way to the top to get my midwife in-network, he spent hours on the phone of all the other "midwives" in the policy and proved that none of them would work, he spent hours on the phone with many different people, and in the end won! I couldn't be more proud of grateful for his hard work and God's faithfulness, just another confirmation that a homebirth is right for us!
I could go on and on but in the end, all I have to say is that I fall more and more in love with the man I liked when I was 15. Now almost 9 years to the day that we started dating we will have a baby boy in our arms. God is so faithful when you fully trust him with your husband, when you serve God and love God first, then serve and love your husband, praying for him always, and respecting him as God calls us to do. I pray that more people see the secret to marriage is God being first in it!

2 comments: